Low Carb Choc-Cherry Almond Biscotti
Chocolate, cherries and almonds are great combinations in this delicious low-carb treat!
- 1½ cup almond flour (super fine) Suggested: Bob's Red Mill flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder Suggested: all-natural cocoa powder unsweetened alkaline free by Chatfield's
- ½ cup Swerve sweetener (ultimate icing sugar)
- 2 Tbsp whey protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp sea salt (fine crystals) Suggested: Trader Joe's
- 8 tbsp salted sweet butter (melted)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla liquid stevia
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup almonds (sliced)
- 3 oz chocolate chips, organic semi-sweet
- 1 tbsp dried fruit cherries (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer add the first 7 dry ingredients and blend on low to combine.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except almonds, chocolate chips and cherries, and blend until well incorporated.
- Stir in the almonds, chocolate chips and cherries, and place the dough on a baking pan lined with parchment.
- Form a rectangle about 10 inches in length and 6 inches width.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes then slice. Gently lay the biscotti flat on the pan, cut side down, to continue to bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before handling. Gently flip biscotti over and bake another 10 minutes.
- Cool completely or overnight before adding optional toppings.
Carbs: 10g; Protein 5g; Fat 17g; Calories 206